Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice
Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512©(2), as amended (“DMCA”), an agent has been designated to receive notification of claimed copyright infringement for the following University of Wisconsin-Madison (“UW-Madison”) domains: wisc.edu. All such notifications relating to these domains (or you could say “website”) must be submitted in a manner consistent with the DMCA to the following Designated Agent:
Service Provider: University of Wisconsin-Madison
Address of Designated Agent:
1210 W. Dayton Street, Room 2112
Attention: Chief Information Security Officer
Telephone Number of Designated Agent: (608) 262-8874
Facsimile Number of Designated Agent: (608) 262-4679
E-mail Address of Designated Agent: email@example.com
Elements of Notification
In notifying us of the alleged copyright infringement, please be sure to include the following information:
- a description of the copyrighted work that is the subject of the claimed infringement (if multiple works are being infringed at a single site, a representative list of such works at that site is adequate);
- a description of the infringing material and information sufficient to permit UW-Madison to locate the material;
- contact information for you, including your address, telephone number and/or email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, or its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, signed under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that you have the authority to enforce the copyrights that are claimed to be infringed; and
- a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on its behalf.
Failure to include all of the above-listed information may result in a delay of the processing of your complaint. UW-Madison will terminate the online privileges of users who infringe the copyright of others.
For more information on the Digital Millenium Copyright Act please see the U.S. Copyright Office website.